Monday, June 20, 2011

Explosion Cake Box

Robyn over at My Pink Stamper posted a challenge on Saturday to make anything with a birthday theme. My mom’s birthday is on Saturday so I figured that it would be a good idea to start on her birthday card, banner, etc. I have always wanted to make an explosion box/cake box (it has too many different names), but I thought that they were too hard.
I found a great video online and was able to finally make an explosion box :) It took me all weekend long, but now that I have the hang of it, I hope it doesn’t take this long next time.
I used a few different cartridges. I love using my gypsy because it allows me to search through all the images without having to look at every cartridge.

Birthday Bash (numbers 5 & 1 & the O’s to make the flower)

Birthday Cakes (Happy Birthday sentiment and the border underneath it)

Tags, Bags, Boxes & More (tag-sentiment on tag from My Pink Stamper’s line of stamps, Everyday Life)

Twinkle Toes (elephant~My mom loves elephants!)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I have to make one! My first explosion box was fun. I made one for my daughter's 2nd birthday Princess Party. Instead of a cake in the middle, I made a dress. It took me 2 or 3 days but it was worth it. And after that, it takes me no time at all to make them. I LOVE the cake idea! I have to get that cartridge! And I am with you on the Gypsy thing. I LOVE not having to search through all the cartridge books to find what I want. Brilliant! Take care! :)

    http://scrapnooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete